The Agniveervayu intake program under the Agnipath scheme is designed to give young people the opportunity to experience military life for a period of four years. The Indian Air Force is inviting online applications from unmarried Indian male and female candidates for selection tests starting from May 20, 2023, onwards. This program is not for selection as commissioned officers, pilots, or navigators.
The eligibility criteria for this program are as follows:
- Candidates must be born between December 26, 2002, and June 26, 2006 (both dates inclusive).
- Only unmarried candidates (male and female) are eligible to apply.
- Candidates must have passed intermediate/10+2/equivalent examination with mathematics, physics, and English from an education board listed as COBSE member with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English, or passed three years diploma course in engineering with 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English, or passed two years vocational course with non-vocational subject with 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.
- Female candidates must undertake not to get pregnant during the engagement period.
- Candidates must sign a voluntary undertaking accepting the above conditions at the time of enrollment.
- The online registration dates are from March 17, 2023, to March 31, 2023, and only online registered applications will be accepted. Candidates are advised to register at the earliest opportunity as no extension of registration dates will be accommodated.
How to apply
To apply, candidates should visit https://agnipathvayu.cdac.in and fill out the online application form. As part of the registration process, candidates should upload the relevant documents, including their Class 10th/matriculation passing certificate and Intermediate/10+2 or equivalent mark sheet.