The Institute of Banking Personnel (IBPS) has released a recruitment notification for Probationary Officers (PO) and Special Officers (SO) positions, with 3049 vacancies for PO/MT across banks. The registration process is ongoing, and the last date to apply is August 21.
The role of a Probationary Officer (PO) involves various responsibilities in Public Sector Banks, such as handling customer complaints, addressing customer-related issues, managing cash flow, loans, mortgages, and finances. They are also responsible for supervising employees under the Clerical cadre.
To be eligible for the IBPS PO position, candidates must have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university by the Indian government. The age limit for applicants is between 20 to 30 years, with relaxation provided for reserved categories as per government guidelines.
As for the salary, IBPS PO offers a basic pay of Rs. 36,000, and the in-hand salary package ranges from Rs. 52,000 to 55,000 at the beginning, including allowances, HRA, and other perks. This attractive salary package is one of the reasons why candidates are drawn to the banking domain.
IBPS Probationary Officer (PO) position Eligibility criteria
1. Educational Qualifications: Candidates must have completed graduation in any discipline from a university recognized by the Indian government.
2. Age Limit: The age of the candidate seeking recruitment to the PO position must be between 20 to 30 years as of a specific date mentioned in the recruitment notification. For example, if the last date to apply is August 21, candidates must be born between August 2, 1993, and August 1, 2003 (both dates inclusive).
3. Age Relaxation: Reserved category candidates are provided age-limit relaxations as per the guidelines of the Government of India. They are required to submit their caste certificate to avail of the age reservation.
IBPS Probationary Officer (PO) Salary
1. Basic Pay: The basic pay for IBPS PO is Rs. 36,000.
2. In-Hand Salary Package: The in-hand salary package offered at the beginning ranges from Rs. 52,000 to 55,000. This includes various allowances, such as House Rent Allowance (HRA), Dearness Allowance (DA), and other perks.
How to Apply for IBPS Probationary Officer (PO) Recruitment
1. Visit the official website of IBPS (www.ibps.in)
2. Click on the PO Recruitment Link: Look for the “PO/MT” or “Probationary Officer” recruitment link on the website’s homepage and click on it.
3. Read the Notification carefully for the PO position. Make sure to go through all the eligibility criteria, important dates, and other relevant information.
4. Click on the “Apply Online” or “New Registration” button on the page.
5. Fill in the required details for registration, such as your name, email address, contact number, and other basic information.
6. Complete the application form by providing your personal details, educational qualifications, work experience (if any), and other necessary information.
7. Upload scanned copies of your photograph, signature, and any other documents required as per the instructions provided in the application form.
8. Pay the application fee through the provided payment methods
9. Review and Submit, Carefully review all the details filled in the application form and make any necessary corrections.
10.After successfully submitting the application, take a printout of the application form and the payment receipt for your records.